Monday 25 February 2013

friends and family gather in lagos to bury late goldie Harvey (1981-2013)

The burial ceremony of the late pop singer Susan 'Goldie' Harvey held
at the Vaults and Gardens, located in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, early this
morning (Monday, February 25, 2013).

Goldie's remains was brought into the premises in a R350 Mercedes Benz
by MIC caskets and Rangers followed by her friends including

Denrele Edun

The first and second bible readings were done by the late singer's siblings.

Kennis Music boss Kenny 'Keke' Ogungbe delivered a short specch;

'Lovely and talented Oluwabimpe Goldie Susan, if I'm to start saying
all, I can't finish', he cries, though it's painful, so lovely to have
left on Valentine's Day, May almighty God grant your soul eternal rest
for ever and ever in Jesus Name Amen

.

Derenle Edun also had something emotional to say

'The Goldie I knew despite the World recognition, I would move
mountains, I would break ceilings sell your legacy and you are the
best friend I forever had', I can hear you say to me, do not stand at
my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. Do not stand on my
grave and cry. I am not there, I did not die.

The officiating pastor gave a sermon on 'what people will say about
you when you leave here on earth'.

Those in attendance at the burial included the late singer's husband
Andrew Leonard Harvey, celebrities like

Jaywon, Eedris Abdulkareem, DJ Jimmy JATT, KSB, Essence, Weird MC, ID
Ogungbe, Keke Ogungbe, Seun Oloketuyi, Gbenga Adeyinka 1st, Dele
Momodu, eLDee the don, Sexy Steel, Freeze, Olisa Adibua, Tiwa Savage

and others.

The singer passed on after complaining of headache on February 14,
2013 hours after returning from Los Angeles where she attended the
55th Grammy Awards.

Goldie was born to Pastor Samuel Dipo Filani and Late Mrs. Bisi Betty
Filani in 1981, she hails from Ekiti but was born in Lagos. She
attended Green springs Montessori primary school at Anthony in 1985.

She obtained a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Business Management from
University of Sunderland, United Kingdom.

She released three albums and was planning her fourth 'The African
Invasion' until her untimely death.

0 comments: